Is the Pool
Weather looking a little iffy? Wondering if you should head to the pool
today? Please read about our Pool Closing Guidelines. Use the following resources to
find out about pool closures:
the Leisure Line at 398-2589. To access information for Sholem Aquatic Center,
press “1” and then “4” once the recording begins.
our online cancellation page
- Follow us on
- "Like" our Facebook Page, we will post closings over 4 hours long.
Dive into Summer!
At the Sholem Aquatic Center, we’re all about family fun in the sun! Think you know all our programs and events? We invite you to take another look! This year we’ve added extended Tiny Tots hours, tons of after dark events, awesome special events, and lots of affordable rental and party options. We'll make sure that your summer fun lasts all season long! So put on your sunglasses and dig out your bathing suit – the Sholem Aquatic Center is proud to bring you all the fun in the sun you can handle!
|Sholem Aquatic Center
2205 Sangamon Drive
|Follow us on
From open swim times to learn-to-swim programs, after-hours rentals to all inclusive birthday parties, the Sholem Aquatic Center is the area’s premier place to beat the summer heat! This year’s season runs from Saturday May 25th – Monday September 2nd with reduced hours when Unit 4 schools are in session.
Sholem Aquatic Center is jam packed with great features that are guaranteed to make a splash! Jump into summer by enjoying the following great areas and activities:
- The Beach is 8,000 sq. feet of fun including a zero depth entry, play and spray features, and dump buckets.
- The Puddle is made for our littlest swimmers and features a zero-depth entry, a slide that’s just right for little tykes, and plenty of seating and shade for mom and dad.
- The Sea is our crystal clear, always cool, 8-lane 25-yard lap pool.
- The Rapids is a 660-ft winding river designed to guarantee fun in the sun.
- The Falls is a 170-ft tube slide that’ll spin you down, twirl you around, and splash you and your tube out into The Rapids.
- The Plunge & Blue Rush enclosed body slides that are 197-ft of total darkness that spirals you out into the splash pool before you can say “sun-sational!” (Must be at least 42” tall to ride).
- The Oasis concession stand offers great eats and treats at reasonable prices with plenty of seating in the sun or shade.
- Sholem Aquatic Center patrons are protected vigilantly by our internationally-recognized and award winning Jeff Ellis & Associates® lifeguard team.
- Coast-Guard approved lifejackets are available for rent free of charge for adults and children.
CONCESSIONS & CATERING
The Oasis concession stand at Sholem Aquatic Center is your one stop shop for summer treats and eats! Featuring fresh food at a fair price, The Oasis is open during public swim hours with reduced hours when Unit 4 is in session and expanded hours for special events. We’re also happy to cater your next poolside or Centennial Park event!
Click Here for our 2013 Concessions Menu
The Oasis Concessions Stand